Vixlet currently has an opening for a Community Manager located In Downtown Los Angeles.
The successful candidate will help guide content strategy and community growth for rapidly evolving social apps.
We are a fast-paced social network company looking for a passionate person who will help grow our community of super-enthusiastic sports and entertainment fans on our next-generation social network platform.
You should have excellent writing and people skills, think strategically, and love interacting with users in social media. Sports knowledge and interest is a must. A passion for entertainment, and lifestyle are a plus. This position requires a flexible work schedule with weekday & partial weekend availability needed.
Vixlet is a social network that connects people through their passions. This company has partnerships with the most exciting and dynamic brands in sports and entertainment --notably, Vixlet is the Official Social Network of Major League Baseball (MLB), the LA Kings, the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP), Liverpool FC and metal band Slipknot.
The company is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Los Angeles, and is located in the penthouse of the Gas Company Tower in the heart of downtown. Fun perks include lunch twice a week, game-room, ping pong tables, happy hours, free drinks, lots of snacks, and fancy espresso as well as a choice of healthcare plans and company paid vision, dental, and life insurance, and the usual benefits.
Vixlet is a great opportunity to work with a growing company and new technologies on a product across multiple platforms that will have an impact on global brands and passionate fans.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Own the and guide the “voice” of content posting on multiple brands throughout the platform
• Help guide the strategy and integration of content for various cross-functional initiatives on each brand
• Define, execute, and advise on best practices for content creation within branded apps for maximum growth and engagement
• Engage in dialogue with active and influential fans within branded apps
• Define and execute various social media growth strategies including influencer campaigns, viral media, branded partner integrations, and general social media marketing
• Help define and maintain strategy for push notifications to fans’ mobile devices for maximum effectiveness and engagement
• Administer live online events with the community
• Flexible work schedule with consistent partial weekend availability
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum 2 years experience managing content in social network applications for consumer brands
• Demonstrated effectiveness in social media content strategy
• Understands mobile and web technology and can learn new tools quickly.
• Strong social writing skills
• Possesses knowledge of and interest in sports
• Demonstrates creativity and flexibility
• A passion for and experience in Social Media outreach.
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
• Familiarity with industry standard analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
• Understanding of online promotion and advertising with Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Independent and able to take ownership
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline or related field is preferred
Vixlet Loves Diversity!
Local applicants only, please
Job Type: Full-time
• Los Angeles, CA