We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our team. We want talented engineers who can and want to lead products, work with global brands, and take our platform to the next level.
Empowering the next generation of fan experiences, Vixlet is a social network that connects people around their passions. Vixlet delivers unprecedented engagement across all channels with the sports teams, artists and brands that fans love; through proprietary technology, official brand partnerships, and exclusive content and campaigns. Transcending age, gender, socioeconomics and geography, passion for sport, music, art and culture is what brings Vixlet users together, and makes Vixlet the social network of tomorrow.
Our platform powers fan engagement for global brands, such as MLB, men’s tennis, and Liverpool FC.
Check out some of our products:
And be sure to checkout our blog http://blog.vixlet.com
What you will be doing:
- We’ve recently restructured our team into agile and collaborative functional teams of around eight people. Help us continue to foster agile-development.
- Our Android app is built with Java, so we expect you to have a strong foundation and experience in Java.
- Work with designers, product managers and backend engineers to build our client-side mobile app.
- Test, debug and maintain the application software throughout the product lifecycle. Ensure high quality coding standards, automated testing, and continuous delivery best-practices.
- Keep your ears to the ground, constantly interacting with the developer community, helping us define and analyze industry best practices and build the company as a thought-leader in technology.
What you need
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Experience with Java, Google Play and Android Studio is a must
- Comfortable with agile, iterative development practices and code reviews
- Comfortable working across the full stack, and an openness to learning and adapting to new technologies
- Startup and Social Experience is a plus
- Experience creating unit tests and automated frameworks such as Espresso
- Experience with third-party API's such as Retrofit and Volley
- Experience using tools such as Git (via Github), JIRA
What you will get:
- An opportunity to work with a startup with a fast growing and maturing product line with a global audience
- Competitive incentives - salary and stock options
- Office in downtown Los Angeles
- Catered lunches Tuesdays and Friday